Swisher 22 Ton Electric Log Splitter Eco Split (LS22E)
Made in the USA - No Sales Tax!
The Swisher 120V 22T electric log splitter is the perfect home accessory for fireplaces or wood-burning stoves. This log splitter provides a quieter option than traditional gas engines and can be used indoors on a standard outlet. The heavy-duty 2-stage pump provides maximum splitting performance. The splitter can function in both horizontal and vertical splitting positions. Just raise it with the beam lift handle and secure it in place with the vertical beam lock.
The log cradles reduce the chance of the log rolling off the beam. You can easily transport your splitter anywhere you want to go as it's road towable.
Other features include: 25-Inch opening, 2.5 gallon protected poly hydraulic tank. Swisher log splitters allow you to buy a quality American made product for the price of many imports. Made in the USA!
Assembled Unit Dimensions: 88" x 41.5" x 39" 456 lbs
Please note about residential / lift gate delivery:
You must select the $75 lift gate option if this shipment is going to a residence (unless you can unload the 500+ pound crate with something like a fork lift).
Questions? Feel free to contact us at 888-706-2434.
Due to rising fuel costs and lack of space on shipping trucks the costs in certain areas have been affected. An "out of area" fee may be necessary. If additional funds are required to fulfill your order we will reach out to you after your order is placed and give you options including possible terminal pick up. (Read more about our shipping policy and how freight shipping works.)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Some (not all) of the products we carry can potentially expose you to chemicals including Benzene and Carbon Monoxide, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harms. If you have any questions you can always contact us.
Splitter works as advertised . No log stripper seems available . Would be nice if Swisher offered this splitter already set up for 220v thus eliminating the need to hire an electrician to convert the dual voltage motor . Alas, the tow ball coupler and wheel bearings are Chinese .
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Most people do not want to be set up to run 220. I think its great you have a choice to to convert the dual voltage motor to what you prefer. This log splitter is classified as USA made, but to be classified as that status not every single part on an item has to be made in the USA.
There is a certain percentage or formula for that. For future reference of any item you buy from a store that is 'USA made' and if its important to you that a hitch coupler or what ever little part on that item is, I would recommend contacting the store ahead of time to get that information. I hope you enjoy your log splitter and thanks again!
It would be 5 stars if the paint on the top of the head didn’t chip off causing a few small rust spots in the first week. Plenty of power to split madrone and wet oak rounds. Quiet enough to run without ear plugs. I also wish the documentation mentioned the amount of hydraulic fluid I needed to fill the tank initially.
I’ve owned several woodsplitters in my 73 years on the planet. All have worked well, but the gasoline ones require too much “babying” and thus are too temperamental for a needed machine (yes, we heat primarily with wood). So I bit the bullet and went electric with the 22 ton Swisher splitter. I was helped in this decision by several years of positive experience with a 16 ton electric splitter that served many needs, but struggled with big rounds of hardwood. Here are my experiences and recommendations:
1. You will need at least two and, for one step in the assembly process, three people. The splitter comes mostly assembled, but you will need to lift and move several heavy assembled parts. Do NOT try this by yourself alone unless you have access to heavy lifting machinery.
2. The motor really does require a 20 amp circuit. Because electrical power at my splitting site is far from my house, and because I have an older house with only 15 amp breakers, I ended up buying a 3500 watt generator which worked fine for the woodsplitter. Do this if you don’t have a dedicated 20 amp outlet near your splitting site.
3. One negative is that this splitter has no “stuck log removal brackets” on the splitting shaft. This is an easily corrected design flaw that is very occasionally needed.
4. Overall the splitter is well designed and built to last. Unless you are doing all your splitting in a garage or shed (and thus protected from the weather), buy the cover.
5. The hydraulic fluid reservoir really does require 2.5 gallons of hydraulic oil. I had no hydraulic leaks in my system, as noted by some observers.
6. Yes, this unit is pricey, compared to gas engine-powered splitters. But you pay for reliability of electrical power, which is where we all are headed anyway for many aspects of our industrial-consumerist lifestyles.
7. This machine is made in America, which still means something, at least to me.
Great splitter. We had a problem with hydraulic fluid tank leaking at first but they immediately sent a replacement tank and it seems to be working really well. The customer service is great! The splitter almost makes wood splitting fun.
Great communication fast shipping so far the wood splitter is working great
Great customer service before and after the sale!
Easy than I thought to assemble. Took less then hour to have it up and running.
Works great with my RV Generator.
Just the right amount of features to make it a great splitter.
It ain't perfect, but it's pretty close.
No regrets buying this beast.
Fantastic unit. I love that it is electric, works great in the garage and my fears about strength were quickly allayed. It powers through very gnarly ash even with a 4-way splitter head on it.
The LR22E split even maple & alder with ease. the 4 stars is only because it's much louder than it should be for an electric motor. Other wise it's great swift & durable, after 4 hours my wife said I like splitting wood.
Thank you for your review. These do come with a very powerful electric motor, so they are not silent by any means but still much quieter than the gas motor. Thanks again!
Work smooth and strong great product