YARDMAX 30 Ton Horizontal Vertical Log Splitter - Half Beam (YS3065)
Free Shipping - No Sales Tax
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- 30 tons of force — powered by Briggs & Stratton engines.
- Log spinner foot plate easily rotates logs for splitting, reducing stress on the beam.
- Longer table length to accommodate up to 25" logs.
- Oversized hydraulic components provide the shortest cycle time in its class.
- Hydraulic oil filter is mounted inside the reservoir, eliminating damage from falling logs and operator entanglement.
- Log stripper mounted to end of hydraulic cylinder to remove tough log jams.
- Pair of log cradles — 2-positions, with option for mountable log table.
Optional Cover: Protect your log splitter with a cover! This heavy duty cover will keep your splitter out of the elements, and ready for work! This log splitter cover is manufactured with PVC coated polyester to shield from water, UV, mildew and extreme temperatures. Made of a higher grade material than cheaper models and has draw string at the bottom to cinch up tight. Cover is optional for an extra fee, only available in black.
Optional Log Table: This optional add on durable steel table replaces the engine side log catcher. This will add valuable work space that measures 24" long and 12" wide. Scroll through pictures above to see this optional table installed on a log splitter.
Fluids are included with this log splitter. Some images show the log splitter with optional accessories which are not included with the log splitter.
Please note about residential / lift gate delivery: You must select the $50 lift gate option if you can't unload the 700+ pound crate off the freight truck.
You will not have to pay the $50 charge if you can ship to a business and you can unload the crate off the back of the freight truck. Shipping to a business is your best choice if possible saving you $50. We can also ship to terminals for pick up.
These deliveries are "curb-side" only, please read the details about curb-side, lift gate and residential freight deliveries.
This log splitter may have a limited delivery area. Some locations will be limited to commercial delivery only (including terminal pick up). Some area's we may not be able to deliver to at all. The following states may be some of the states affected:
CA, WA, OR, ID, NV, MT, WY, NM, ME, NH,VT, AZ, CO, MA, RI, CT, DE, NC, SC, FL If you would like to check ahead of time please email us or we will tell you after order if there is limitations.
- Engine: 306 CC's Briggs & Stratton
- Splitting Wedge: 7" Sharpenable
- Operating Position: Horizontal / Vertical
- Force / Tonnage: 30 Ton (60,000lbs)
- Cylinder: 4.5" x 23.5" / 1.75" rod
- Cycle Time: 11 Seconds (Approx)
- Log Opening: 25.5 Inches
- Wheels & Tires: 4.80-8, DOT Approved 16" O.D. Road Tires
- Road Towable: Yes - 2" Coupler & Safety Chains
- Hydraulic Filter: Yes - Included
- Log Strippers: Yes - Included
- Safety Control Valve: Detent - Auto Return
- 2 Stage Pump: Yes - 17 Gallons Per Minute
- Log Cradles: Yes - Included
- Operating Pressure: 3400 PSI
- Crate Dimensions: 53"L x 26"W x 39"H
- Consumer Warranty: 3-year limited by manufacturer
- Weight: 515 LBS
- Hydraulic Fluids: 4 Gallons Included
- 4 Way Wedge: No - Not available
- Dimensions: 100" x 48" x 37"
- Assembly Required: Yes
USA Made: No
Product Video Disclaimer: The 4-way wedge mentioned in this video is no longer available or included. This video was created by the manufacturer and WoodSplitterDirect.com is not responsible for any variances from what's shown in this video and the product you purchase. Please review all product specifications carefully before placing an order.
Due to rising fuel costs and lack of space on shipping trucks the costs in certain areas have been affected. An "out of area" fee may be necessary. If additional funds are required to fulfill your order we will reach out to you after your order is placed and give you options including possible terminal pick up. (Read more about our shipping policy and how freight shipping works.)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Some (not all) of the products we carry can potentially expose you to chemicals including Benzene and Carbon Monoxide, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harms. If you have any questions you can always contact us.
Prior to buying I did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of Youtube videos. I found that Yardmax offered the best value amongst all the other brands. My experience has been very positive so far, purchasing off of Woodsplitters Direct was simple and easy and shipping was hassle free. The unit arrived in less than a week and overall was fairly easy to assemble. It is a solid machine all around except for the kickstand, which every other reviewer complains about. The engine fired right up the splitter handled everything from "green" oak and cherry to seasoned walnut and maple without missing a beat. I was disappointed with the fact that my unit didn't come with the 4 way splitter as many other reviewers had and when I contacted Yardmax regarding this was told that the part has been recently discontinued and is no longer available, not even for additional purchase . Overall I am satisfied with my 30 ton half beam splitter and would recommend Yardmax and Woodsplitters Direct both to anyone that asked.
The log splitter itself is quite strong and works well. It looks great, performs great, and splits fast with a lot of power! Assembly was pretty straight forward with just a few quirks. The 4 way splitting head is fantastic! I have been splitting Ash trees for a while and this 30ton splitter cuts through them without any issue. Overall, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend to others.
Why 4.5 stars:
- One of the 6 bolts on the log stripper was not tapped well and I had a difficult time getting it in without stripping the hole. I was able to get it threaded and tight eventually, but it took some work. Hole with the issue was engine side lower left (closest to the engine and hitch)
- The roll pins are incredibly difficult to install. I began bending the pin when tapping in the roll pin next to the spring. The pin inside the kickstand is nearly impossible to install and at this point I have not been able to get it in, but it doesn’t appear to impact function.
- The kickstand is a bit unstable and makes me nervous. I plan to get an aftermarket jack stand with a wheel for easier and safer maneuvering.
- The assembly step for elevating the splitter high enough to install the wheel/axle was difficult. I ended up adding blocking on one side to give me more clearance to install the 2nd wheel. I would recommend having a 2nd person for this part just to be safe.
Overall it is a solid machine and very powerful. I'm happy with the purchase!
I’ve had my 30-ton half beam yard max for a week and have split over 2 cords of wood so far. I’m impressed with the power and ease of use. I am glad after reading reviews I chose this splitter. The assembly instructions were not perfect but better than I expected. The 4 way splitter head is ok on small limb size wood but just makes a mess on larger pieces. I’ve resorted to just using the default wedge rather than stopping and changing the head.
This is a great machine. I have just received it and assembled. A new Briggs Professional engine, with a great warranty, I look to many years of spitting and making a lot of campfire wood, as we are looking toward retiring.
Pros: Very well built and a strong splitter. Love the 4 way and the ease of splitting large pieces of wood. An Awesome Engine that starts easy. Great design for easy maintenance. I do thank Yardmax for sending the proper oil for it. Logsplitters direct was great to deal with and shipping was fast and the drop tailgate was a must. The driver wheeled it into my driveway so I could get get started to assemble quickly.
Cons: The instructions that came with the unit were for the full frame splitter. I am 73 years old and could not assemble by my self, so I called for helped. The front leg is not easy to work with. I went to harbor freight and got a crank up jack that works great.
I saw on youtube a two wheeled dolly to move it around, so a got one and that is also recommended.
Bottom line WOW WHAT A MACHINE!!!!!