16 ton HV16-4 Electric Log Splitter
16 ton HV16-4 Ram Splitter comes with a 1.5 HP motor which gives you the equivalent HP to a 5 HP Gasoline motor with out having to pull on a cord to start it. With the high torque of this electric motor, you are not giving up any power. The nice thing about this unit is you can spit in your garge or indoors if wanted to! No harmful fumes.
See the video below of one of our customers who bought from us years ago to see this electric wood splitter in action. Even though the video is a horizontal configuration, the horizontal vertical works just as good! Electric log splitters comes complete with one year warranty on all parts. This log splitter does not come with a road towable package but it is available as an option.
This log splitter is customizable with the following options:
- 4 Way Wedge - Split logs into 4 pieces. 4 way wedge just slips over existing single wedge. (Can slide on and off quickly, choose 4 way wedge option to see picture) 4 way wedge will reduce opening size by 2".
- Log Cradles - HV units catch falling wood saving you from bending over and picking up split wood off the ground and splitting again. Just imagine the amount of extra times you could save from bending over picking up firewood to split again from each cord of wood? Cradles are bolted on the beam and can be remove at anytime.
See options above the big green "add to cart" button for pricing and pictures. When you select them it will built and price your splitter as you go! Questions? Feel free to contact us at 888-706-2434 for no hassle no pressure help and advice. We are here to help.
Please note these log splitters are delivered via freight truck. You will be responsible to take the crate off the back of the truck unless you select lift gate delivery as an option. Some assembly is required.
Due to rising fuel costs and lack of space on shipping trucks the costs in certain areas have been affected. An "out of area" fee may be necessary. If additional funds are required to fulfill your order we will reach out to you after your order is placed and give you options including possible terminal pick up. (Read more about our shipping policy and how freight shipping works.)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Some (not all) of the products we carry can potentially expose you to chemicals including Benzene and Carbon Monoxide, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harms. If you have any questions you can always contact us.
The splitter arrived in good shape & the assembly was reasonably straightforward. The splitter works as advertised and is adequate for my splitting needs. The shortcomings of the order involves receiving a loose packed 3/4"pivot bolt that was 3.5" long but should have been 4.5" long since, when the 3.5" bolt is installed there are so few threads extending out of the splitter the nut can not be screwed on to a depth where the locking nylon ring ever reaches the bolt threads leaving the nut vulnerable to falling off. Secondly, no manual was included in my shipment. When I pointed out these order deficiencies to Ram Splitter they e-mailed me a PDF version of the manual within a day of my request and promised their manufacturer would ship a paper copy & the longer replacement bolt shortly. That was 3 weeks ago and I have received neither. To get my splitter running I replaced the bolt at my own expense after waiting 2 weeks for the replacement to arrive. The Oregon office seems to be firing on all cylinders but the manufactuer/shipper in Ohio, is a C-level performer,
I do apologize for this issue and inconvenience. I have forwarded this feedback to the manufacture for them to take a look at. I appreciate you letting us know.
1. The log splitter would not turn on. Had to take apart the electrical switch box to find a loose wire. Apparently the unit was not checked before shipment
2. The stroke of the piston is too short and does not completely split the wood. It should have been about two inches longer.
3. The place on the frame for locking the splitter in the horizontal position is misaligned, and therefore the locking pin cannot be used.
4. The bolt used as a hinge to move from horizontal to vertical operation is too short, needs to be 1/4” longer to properly seat with the nylon locknut.
5. Unit was not shipped with assembly/operating instructions.
6. The metal leg used for stand alone operation needs a second hole to enable the leg to be raised for transport.
We placed the order on August 31st and did not receive the splitter until November 1st. The bolts used on the splitter should be Grade 8 bolts, not cheap bolts. First full day into splitting the bolts on the splitting wedge snapped off. Also the bolt to tighten for making the machine horizontal/vertical not long enough. So we had to replace everything ourselves and waisted a day in labor and time. otherwise its a pretty decent log splitter.
Thank you for this information. We have let the manufacture know about this so they can make this small change to increase the strength of the splitter.