Maxim® Mini Tiller Cultivator (MTC35H) Honda GX35
Free Shipping - No Sales Tax Most States!
New to the powerful line-up of Maxim tillers, the Mini Max MTC35H is a tiller and cultivator in one. Till hard soil to create new garden beds or prepare soil for planting by loosening and mixing soft soil for planting. Transport wheels and drag stake adjust without tools.
**Optional Rush Processing - We are pleased to offer RUSH PROCESSING. For an additional $39.95 your equipment order is guaranteed to ship from our warehouse as fast as SAME DAY or by next business day (excluding Holidays). Tracking information will be e-mailed as soon as your order is processed. You will have the ability to track your order all the way through final delivery. If we don't get it shipped out by next business day its simple, you don't get charged the rush processing fee.
- 4 cycle Honda engine
- Heavy-Duty, exclusive, gear-drive transmission
- Adjustable transport wheels and drag stake (no tools needed)
- Carrying handle that doubles as an engine guard
- Steel forged tines
Due to rising fuel costs and lack of space on shipping trucks the costs in certain areas have been affected. An "out of area" fee may be necessary. If additional funds are required to fulfill your order we will reach out to you after your order is placed and give you options including possible terminal pick up. (Read more about our shipping policy and how freight shipping works.)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Some (not all) of the products we carry can potentially expose you to chemicals including Benzene and Carbon Monoxide, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harms. If you have any questions you can always contact us.
Good price, Easy to order through Wood-splitters Direct, Quickly shipped, Easy to Assemble. (One part for the handle attachment was not threaded correctly. The company quickly replaced the part.) It starts easily, runs smooth, no adjustments were needed.
A FAQ-style review for other customers:
1. Why did you buy this? I bought it to replace a 4-stroke Troy-Bilt TB146EC (a much smaller cultivator) that always has carburetor issues - and I want the dependability of a Honda engine without carburetor issues.
2. Was there any assembly? If so, how long did it take? Assembly is required. The instructions are bad, and pictures/diagrams are hard to interpret. I spent a little over 1 hr with the assembly. It wasn't difficult, and I took my time so I wouldn't have to go back and redo anything later. The throttle cable requires a couple extra zip-ties to keep it out of the way (one under the carb to the frame and one on the lower handle arm).
3. Does it crank easily? Yes! Fired-up on the first pull and always on the 1st or 2nd pull afterwards. Nice!
4. Is it a cultivator or a tiller? That depends on your ground. If your ground is very hard, it's a cultivator. If your ground is not super hard, it can easily be your ONLY garden tiller, but there are some things you need to know up front. It's not good at tilling virgin ground with 6 tines installed. The Maxim is not heavy and tends to bounce instead of dig with all 6 installed. Drop back to 4 tines or even 2 tines and it digs much, much better. If the ground is already broken or is soft, 6 tines will make short work of any job.
5. What is your normal setup for use? I normally run with 4 tines installed since that seems to be the sweet spot between cultivating and tilling. It's very maneuverable between tomato plants and rows, but also affords me the luxury of up to 6 or so inches of tilling depth. For some tight cultivating the 2-tine setup is required. The tines are very easy to swap around.
6. Do you run with the wheels on or off? For general cultivating, I run with the wheels on. For tilling, I remove the wheels and extend the drag bar downward an additional notch or two. The wheels will keep it from digging deeply. The drag bar lets it dig deeper and holds it back from pulling you around the garden.
7. Would you purchase again? YES! So far, this is the best little cultivator/tiller I've ever owned. I love the Honda engine. You can barely hear it when it is idling.
The tiller is fine, works as expected, but was sold as "new" though two years old since manufactured. This was supplied directly from the manufacturer, not the selling company. Let The Buyer Beware!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. 2 star review for a tiller that works good and your happy with? This is a best selling unit with very happy customers. We only sell brand new items and you have the latest version of the unit. We will pass along your feedback to the manufacture. Happy tilling!
Wood Splitters Direct is a dealer my purchase was shipped fast from stocking warehouse and came with one bolt short for the handle. Wood Splitters Direct contacted the manufacturer and I got the replacement bolt next week. Fast professional, Excellent communication-customer service and price. Tiller starts easy... works best if ground is loose and as a cultivator. Happy. Thank you!!
Thanks Jeff, glad to hear you are rocking and rolling with your new tiller. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Sale price was good and the delivery was quick
Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. Thanks for taking the time to leave the review!
The motor runs so smooth and quiet when idling. Give it gas and it does the job! Very satisfied *****
Maxim makes a great tiller! Thanks for the review, glad your happy with your purchase.
After pulling and hoeing weeds for 30 years between rows on my garden, I am pretty excited about this little tiller. It starts first pull and works as expected. A different angle or higher handle possibly improve. I did plant my row a little wider. You can take tines off to meet your distance between rows. Went together easy enough. The instruction photos on the wood splitter direct web site are easier to see and more clear than the printed ones that came with the tiller. (ie. When putting the throttle cable wire in place.)
Very pleased using this to weed the garden. Its light and agile enough to get close to plants. This is not something to break hard ground with.
Great product for the price! Honda Motor starts very easy and the unit is light weight which makes it easy to maneuver!!!